Sharing our fav foodie delights from our club members at events!!!If you have a recipe to add please contact the webmaster – Corla.
March Feature RECIPE
Lentil Appetizer Susan Huntley
• 1 can of lentils, drained (19 ounce/540 ml)
• 1 red pepper chopped
• 1 cup currants
• 2 green onions chopped
• Mix together and set aside
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar • 1 tsp. curry powder
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• Pinch of cloves
Mix dressing and pour over lentil mixture. Marinate overnight and serve with Tostitos scoops. Option: you can also add red pepper flakes, or serve over lettuce as a salad.
April Feature RECIPE
Instant Pot Taco Soup Dave Lockwood
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 (15.25 oz.) can corn
• 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
• 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
• 1 packet dry ranch seasoning mix
• 2 packets taco seasoning
• 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- Set the instant pot to “Saute” and add olive oil.
- Once hot, add the ground beef and onions, cook until meat is browed.
- Turn off instant pot and drain meat.
- Put the meat back into the instant pot.
- Add corn, beans, rotel, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning and taco seasoning.
- Add beef broth and stir.
June Feature Recipe
Never Fail Maple Cream – Dona Dumont
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (add after fudge is cooked)
1. Grease an 8×8 baking pan
2. Mix ingredients in a saucepan and boil to soft ball stage (238 degrees F if you have a candy thermometer)
3. Add walnuts if desired. Take off heat, add vanilla and beat until it thickens
December Feature Recipe
HOT HAM & CHEESE PINSWHEELS
- 1 can Pillbury refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust
- 3/4 lb deli ham (thinly sliced, but not shaved)
- 12 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced) SAUCE
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar 1 tablespoon Worcestershire 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board and press into approximately a 13×18-inch rectangle. Top with ham and cheese slices. Starting on the longer side of the rectangle, roll up the edge tightly. When you reach the end, pinch the seam together and flip the roll so that the seam is face down. Cut into 12 slices, approximately 1-inch wide. Arrange in prepared baking dish.
Next combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted and the glaze is smooth and combined. Pour evenly over the rolls.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or bake, uncovered for 25 minutes until golden and browned. Enjoy!